Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Prep - PIES

I attended the International Quilt Show this weekend with my boyfriend's, lady family members (his mom, cousins and two of his aunts). We had a blast, aside from spilling red wine on the curtains and ottoman OOPS! I have a few crafts I will be doing and hopefully posting about on this blog, or maybe my sassy life blog?! Which one??

Anywhosit, we talked about Thanksgiving a little bit and I am starting to get very excited. I have already decided what desserts I am making, so I think I will go ahead and make the crusts this weekend and freeze them.

I will be making
Pecan Pie...of course.
 Photo by: Ree Drummond


Traditional Apple Pie, I thought about making The Pioneer Woman's Apple Pie, but I think I will save that for Christmas.

 Photo by: Christie Jordan


Pumpkin Pie

Now, my three favorite blogs, Mommy's Kitchen, Southern Plate, and The Pioneer Woman, who have virtually taught me to cook, do not have pumpkin pie recipes. What is a girl to do?! I have not had good luck with pumpkin pie, I have tried making this pie TWICE and failed miserably. I hate the taste of failure--so i refuse to try and make it again. Whatev.

Photo by: Bakerella
I am thinking of just making the recipe out of my Nestle cookbook--which is technically Libby's. We shall see. Speaking of Nestle Toll house I absolutely can not talk about think about or see anything Nestle without this from Friends scene popping into my brain




OH and if I have time and energy left Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie - always a hit.

Photo by: Bakerella

6 comments:

  1. I am not a pie fan. I don't know why it doesn't even make sense to me. Maybe that Chocolate Chip Cookie pie can change my mind.


    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy's Apple Pie is the only one I will make. It is a true keeper. Ya know your right I dont have a pumpkin pie recipe at my site. I usually just do the Libby's one. This year I am making Pumpkin Pie Bars instead. My little pumpkin pie lover Carson is gonna flip for these.http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2008/10/pumpkin-pie-bars/ The photo alone had me the first time I saw them. Thank you for you nice comment about MK. I too adore Southern Plate and THe PW. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pie! Where can I find that Chocolate Chip Cookie pie recipe?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bad bloggger I am! here is the link

    http://www.bakerella.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-pie%E2%80%A6-oh-my/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Getting all my recipes lined up... might have to try this pecan pie :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. True grit is making a decision and standing by it,doing what must be done.

    _______________________________________
    Tera Online
    Runescape Gold
    Tera Gold
    buy eden gold

    Tera Gold
    Buy Runescape Gold
    Tera Item

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails